Leeds Festival 2012 Line-UpOk, so I’m not exactly reviewing a city or country, but what I am reviewing is what I consider to be one of the most popular UK festivals in one the liveliest UK cities, LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!
Today saw the announcement of a very exciting line up with legendary headliners such as The Foo Fighters, The Cure and Kasabian . Along with a range of other amazing British and International bands and solo artists.
Personally I love this line up and I will definitely be in line to try and bag myself a weekend camping ticket!
The Festival StagesThe UK festival season is a sign of the summer months and the Leeds and Reading Festivals are the perfect way to top it off. Held on the August bank holidays, come rain or shine, we dig out our wellies, hoodies, sunglasses and pack up the cars with our camping gear and a load of booze.
At Leeds and Reading Festival, you can also find an array of stages to suit everyones needs.
- Main Stage: This is the major rock, indie, metal and alternative acts.
- NME/Radio 1 Stage: Less well-known acts, building up to an alternative headline act
- Festival Republic Stage: Formerly the Carling stage, acts with less popular appeal and breakthrough acts.
- Lock Up Stage: Underground punk and hardcore acts.
- Dance Tent: Dance music acts
- Alternative Tent: Comedy and cabaret acts
- BBC Introducing Stage: Typically unsigned/not well known acts.